Monday, May 11, 2015

Recovery - NYC

Warm day on Long Island and we slept in until eight.  We focused on a recovery day.

I needed to recover my phone...we made contact with the local police in Groten, Conn and they recovered my phone from some good Sameritans.  They will forward phone so it is not lost after all!

Mike  and  I talked about communications...hopefully we'll avoid some problems that lead us to odd circumstances.

Leg recovery was solved by catching the train for cheaters that saved us about 50 miles of riding.  We had a 15 mile ride across Queens to meet up with Tom, Sheila, and Bea Burger that are putting us up for the night.

They live  in a fantastic apartment across the East River from Manhatten
Shelia and I shared a bottle of her favorite wine while  the less civilized drank beer over an Italian dinner. Some ate Octopus...I don't know why.

Tomorrow is NYC, a ferry ride to Sandy Hook before a 60 journey to Washington Crossing...more tomorrow





2 comments:

  1. 50 mile train ride?!?! what kind of bike trip is this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic of NY sky line. How interesting that recovery time was needed as you arrived in NYC.

    ReplyDelete